Sunday, August 31, 2008

Whole Lotta Junkin Goin On

Last Saturday, my daughter, her boyfriend and I went junking. It was POURING rain, so many of the sales were canceled. That didn't stop US!! We went to a couple of estate sales and some sales held either in the garage or under the carport.
Great shelf, huh?
At an estate sale, I found this sturdy little chair for $5 and

necklaces to be re worked


I love this little teacup picture. Found it a rummage sale.


So my daughter's neighbor is moving and didn't want to deal with a yard sale. She told my daugther to come and get what she wanted. She chose things she thought I might be able to use. Warning, many of the following pix are VERY pink!!


Look how tanned my hand is!! Sadly, my legs are the color of this vase.










Yesterday, I didn't MEAN to go junking, but...

There is a place here in Birmingham called What's On Second. It is such a fun place! Anyway, I found this dish and lid. It LOOKS old, but there were no markings on it at all.

Afterward, I went to a little neighborhood thrift store and the first thing I found was this sewing rocker. I just LOVE it!

As I was checking out, I spied this little chair. I just LOVE the lines! I'm going to use it in my kitchen. Below are the rest of my purchses.


I guess these are vases, but I see them as candle holders.


I got this flat back basket and all the stainless flatware for $1.


OBVIOUSLY this was once Mardi Gras beads.

A pretty little blue plate.

2 little "jeweled" napkin rings. I think each of these would look good on a windchime.

I just thought this was cute. If I did pottery, this is what it would look like.


Hope everyone has a GREAT Labor Day and doesn't have to Labor.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love ALL of the chairs that you got. Not even sure which is my favorite because I love them all!

I'm guessing yours and my legs are the same shade of white. You can almost see through mine!

Love the little vase at the end. Looks like something we would have made in elementary school!